If you think chiropractic treatment is just for neck or back pain, think again! It will benefit you in ways you might not even have considered before. Even though some people will seek chiropractor treatment for relief of neck or back pain, they may find themselves continuing treatment because of how much better they can function in their daily life.
Here are just a few of the unexpected benefits of chiropractic treatment:
- Boosts your immunity. Because the nervous system controls the functions of cells, organs, and tissues of the body, a misalignment can reduce the ability of the immune system. When the spine is in proper alignment, the immune system if freed to fight off attacks.
- Improves your digestion. The nerves that run through the spine control your stomach and its functions. If the vertebrae in this area are improperly aligned, the nerves can begin signaling a need for more acid production, resulting in gas, heartburn, and acid reflux.
- Increases your energy. When tension and pressure in the spine are released, the nerves are freed to work more effectively so that the body can function as it was designed to.
- Lowers blood pressure. An adjustment that specifically targets the nerves in the upper neck can have a stabilizing effect on blood pressure (as effective as taking a double dose of blood pressure medication).
- Helps you breathe better. A misalignment in the thoracic and mid-cervical regions of the spine can lead to lung abnormalities like asthma. Correcting subluxations can help reduce inflammation in the lungs and increase your ability to breathe properly.
- Assists in a healthier pregnancy and easier delivery. During pregnancy, ligaments in the pelvic area loosen to enable childbirth. At the same time, weight increase in a woman’s core places increased pressure on an expectant mother’s spine.
Chiropractor treatment is a safe, natural way to help the body heal itself. So that you can gain health wholeness, and then retain it, try to continue chiropractor treatment on a monthly basis. Subluxations will occur just from the daily stress of life but they will be more easily released as your spine will be more flexible, your vertebrae will move more easily, your muscles will be balanced and your discs, tendons, and ligaments will be stronger than before.
Call McKim Chiropractic today for more information about the benefits of chiropractic treatment and to schedule a consultation. Our licensed and certified staff is committed to helping the residents of Nampa, ID, and Caldwell, ID enjoy life to the fullest extent possible!