Family chiropractors can help anyone, not just senior citizens, even though they are the most likely group to use chiropractic treatment. Who can benefit from family chiropractic care?
- Infants – Parents can have confidence in knowing that even their infants can benefit from chiropractic care (usually a gentle massage), helping the baby to sleep and eat better.
- Small Children – In 2012, The Journal of Manipulative Physiological Therapeutics described a study showing that chiropractic treatment reduced colic symptoms in children. Other studies show that chiropractic care is also used to treat children suffering from ear infections or acid reflux.
- Teenagers – Notorious for developing poor posture, chiropractic treatments can help teens improve their posture. Teenagers who play sports benefit from chiropractic treatment to relax and soothe tight muscles. In addition to treating pain caused by injuries, inflammation is reduced, the immune system boosted, muscles can relax, and breathing improved. The stress level for teens can be extreme. Chiropractic care can aid teens (and adults as well), stress management techniques.
- Adults – Many adults develop pain because of sedentary habits, poor posture, and too many hours in the office.
- Senior Citizens – As people age, their joints become stiff and painful. Chiropractic care can relieve their pain and restore mobility to joints. Chiropractic care promotes healthy habits in seniors, as well as helping maintain their sense of balance so they are less prone to falling.
Joint and back problems affect anyone of any age. Chiropractic care can help prevent pain that shows itself in various ways, including headaches, low-back pain, and sciatica. Studies have also shown that chiropractic can help bring a patient’s blood pressure to normal levels, whether too high or too low.
Be proactive and start a regimen of family chiropractic care that will benefit the whole family. Call McKim Chiropractic to schedule a consultation with one of our family chiropractors. We understand that it takes a high level of trust to take your child to a chiropractor. Our licensed and certified staff at McKim Chiropractic is committed to helping the families of Boise, ID, Nampa, ID, and Caldwell, ID, achieve health wholeness!