If you want to know what is the fastest way to relieve back pain, then you should be looking for a back chiropractor. Sadly, back injuries are a part of our daily lives. The act of walking alone puts intense pressure on the spine, as well as on the rest of our bones and muscles. Then, consider the constant lifting, reaching, standing, or sitting with poor posture, sports, not to mention the natural act of our body’s aging process. These are all ingredients that can lead to chronic back pain.
Did you know that back pain is the second most common reason for visits to a doctor’s office (the first reason is upper-respiratory infections)? Fortunately, a healthy spine can handle minor back injuries, healing itself within a few days. However, there are times when your pain seems to last forever! Regardless of whether your pain is caused by a minor or a major injury, don’t put off finding a back chiropractor. They have been educated and trained to know and understand the underlying cause of your pain and are skilled in treating it, safely and effectively—drug-free!
Here is some advice from a back chiropractor with tips to help you prevent injury to your spine:
- Healthy diet and weight.
- Stay active with the advice of your back chiropractor.
- Warm-up or stretch before exercising.
- Walk and sit with proper posture.
- Wear comfortable, low-heeled shoes.
- Sleep on a medium-firm mattress to minimize any curve in your spine.
- Lift with your knees, keep the object close to your body, and do not twist.
- Quit smoking--it impairs blood flow, resulting in oxygen and nutrient deprivation to spinal tissues.
- Your workstation should be ergonomically correct.
Because of their thorough knowledge of the structure and functioning of the human body, doctors of chiropractic can make a diagnosis of your pain, recommend the appropriate chiropractic treatment, including spinal adjustments, dietary and lifestyle advice, and other natural tools.
For more advice about what is the fastest way to relieve back pain, call one of our McKim Chiropractic offices and schedule an appointment with a back chiropractor. Our licensed and certified staff is committed to helping the families of Nampa, ID, and Caldwell, ID, receive the best care possible for back pain!