What does Chiropractor Treatment Involve?
Chiropractic is a course of treatment which will benefit your overall health and well-being. The number of treatments prescribed depends on the nature of the condition, how long it has been present and what you want out of the treatment.
- Initial Consultation: We will take a full and detailed medical history and carry out a thorough physical, orthopedic, neurological and chiropractic examination. Other tests, such as x-rays or MRI scans might also be necessary.
- Second appointment: We will explain the findings from the initial examination, including x-rays or scans, and then discuss the diagnosis and our recommended course for treatment. We want to make sure we answer all your questions, which will result in better long-term results.
- Follow-up appointments: The number of treatments required depends on the nature of the condition, how long it has been present and the ultimate goal.
We may recommend one or more of forms of chiropractic treatment listed below:
- DRS Protocol™ - Specialized lumbar and cervical disc treatment protocol, utilizing axial decompression.
- Manual Manipulation and/or Non-force Adjustment – treat and correct spinal conditions and muscle imbalance.
- Exercise and stretches – Patient will be trained in self-management of exercises to improve overall muscle imbalance.
- Chronic & Complex Conditions - Specialized aggressive treatment designed to deal with the nutritional aspects of any condition (the chemical aspects of the disease).
- Pain Management - Determining individual characteristics which differentiate an individual's pain and treating the according factors.
- Enzyme Therapy - Treating the human body through enzyme replacement allows the system to function properly.
- Weight Loss - Taking the body to its natural weight by increasing metabolism and turning your body into an efficient machine.
- Vitamin Center - Allowing patients access to the finest vitamin and nutritional supplements.
Most patients can feel results within a couple of weeks or a few treatments. Some patients may experience recovery within 48 hours of treatment. For chronic pain or severe disc injuries it may take several treatments over several weeks. It often takes time to train the body how to move differently and prevent aggravation of the injury. In addition to serving Boise, ID - our Chiropractic Treatment service is available for patients from Meridian, ID & Eagle, ID too!
The Wellness Chiropractic Approach -- Inside Out vs. Outside In!
Wellness is a state of optimal conditions for normal function… and then some. Our Boise, ID Chiropractic wellness improves the overall health and quality of your life. The wellness approach is to look for underlying causes of any disturbance or disruption (which may or may not be causing symptoms at the time) and make whatever interventions and lifestyle adjustments would optimize the conditions for normal function. That environment encourages natural healing, and minimizes the need for invasive treatment, which should be administered only when absolutely necessary.
When the body is working properly, it tends to heal effectively, no matter what the condition. When the body heals well and maintains itself well, then there is another level of health that goes beyond “asymptomatic” or “pain-free” which reveals an open-ended opportunity for vitality, vibrant health, and an enhanced experience of life. This is true for mental and emotional health as well as physical health. While some people may suffer psychological disorders, creating an atmosphere of mental and emotional wellness will address all but the most serious of physical problems.
It’s Your Life – Live it in Chiropractic Wellness!
Types of Alternative Chiropractor Therapy:
There are a number of different chiropractic therapies used to reduce pain and alleviate other symptoms. When choosing a treatment plan, we ensure that our approach is best suited to your symptoms, health history, and physical requirements.
- Therapeutic Exercise -- Targets the muscles of the neck, abdomen and back to strengthen the muscles supporting the spine. These exercises are normally recommended for patients experiencing difficulties in their extremities due to weak core muscles.
- Stretching Exercises -- May be used in conjunction with strengthening exercises, and are recommended for patients experiencing decreased flexibility in the neck and spine.
- Ice and Heat Therapy -- Used to treat muscular problems in the back and spine, and may also be used to treat damaged discs. Ice therapy decreases swelling and pain, while heat therapy eases sore muscles.
- Lifestyle Coaching -- If your pain results from poor lifestyle habits, you will be offered assistance to work through these issues in order to alleviate or eliminate your symptoms and pain. Posture, exercise habits, weight gain, and occupational hazards are all examples of lifestyle complications that can be addressed.
- Ultrasound Therapy – Deep heat therapy created by sound waves, which when applied to muscles and ligaments, relax muscles through a micro-massage, increasing blood flow and soothe pain and swelling. Though typically used in chronic conditions, ultrasound therapy can also be used in acute cases to ease persistent pain.
Call to achieve freedom from pain with our Boise, ID Chiropractic Therapy!
Achieve Pain Free Living with Chiropractor Services!
Computerized Nervous System Examination – With the use of sophisticated equipment, we can detect patterns of vertebral subluxation or problems within your spine. By also measuring skin temperatures along your spine, we can find nervous system disturbances that may affect other vital organs. Measuring muscle tone is another way to locate vertebral subluxation patterns. Vertebral subluxations cause supporting muscles of the spine to exhibit unusual electrical activity. Our equipment locates these areas and tells us whether your nerves are causing too much activation within your muscles and promoting spasms, or not enough activity and causing your muscles to not support your skeleton well.
Chiropractic Adjustments -- The most common therapeutic procedure performed by doctors of chiropractic is known as "spinal manipulation," also called "chiropractic adjustment." The purpose of manipulation is to restore joint mobility by manually applying a controlled force into joints that have become restricted in their movement. Even though chiropractic adjustment rarely causes discomfort, patients may sometimes experience mild soreness or aching following treatment that usually resolves within 12 to 48 hours.
Progress Examination -- Progress exams are designed to discuss your concerns with your doctor in a private setting within a specified period of time determined by the doctor. We follow up on the original tests to judge your progress and determine how to proceed with your care.
Therapeutic Massage -- Deep tissue massage therapy concentrates on rearranging deeper tissue layers of the muscles and connective tissues. The movements in this type of massage are slow and the pressure intense on tense areas. Deep tissue massage is especially useful for persistently tense and contracted areas, for example, stiff neck, lower back stiffness and sore shoulders.
Pre-Paid Care Plans -- We have designed several types of financial plans for individuals and families, so that the entire family can afford to receive chiropractic care.
Call today for more information about our Boise, ID Chiropractic Services.
Improve Quality of Life with Non-Surgical Chiropractic Adjustments!
The most significant and important aspect of chiropractic treatment is the spinal adjustment. Why are chiropractic adjustments so significant? They help prevent and/or reduce the wear and tear that our joints and ligaments are exposed to every day without invasive surgery! When the spine is in a proper functional position, the joints and ligaments operate as designed with fluid motion. However, if a joint of the body is not in a proper position, that joint will not work smoothly.
Typically, the procedure used in our Boise, ID chiropractic adjustment service for the spine is still hands-on. However, there are many other different types of chiropractic adjusting procedures, some using specifically designed instruments and/or tables. Along with the spine, other joints of the body can also be adjusted as necessary with great effectiveness, including the shoulders, elbows, hands, hips, knees, ankles, feet, jaw, and even the head.
How do we determine when, and more importantly, when NOT to adjust a spinal segment?
- Visual inspection and palpation
- Patient's range of motion
- Touching and feeling (palpation) for areas of swelling and increased temperature
- Abnormal muscle tone or spasm
- Reviewed x-rays prior to performing an adjustment
You can be assured that the particular chiropractic adjustment we recommend for our patients are designed for their specific health needs. Our Boise, ID Chiropractic Adjustment service is available for patients from Meridian, ID & Eagle, ID too!