Leading Chiropractor Treatment Involves...
Chiropractic is a course of prescribed treatment which is determined by the nature of the patient’s condition, how long it has been present, and what is desired for the final results.
- Initial Consultation: We will take a full and detailed medical history and carry out a thorough physical, orthopedic, neurological and chiropractic examination. Other tests, such as x-rays or MRI scans might also be necessary.
- Second appointment: We will explain the findings from the initial examination and tests, discuss the diagnosis, and then prescribe our recommended course for treatment. We will endeavor to answer all your questions so that long-term results are achieved.
- Follow-up appointments: The number of treatments required depends on the nature of the condition, how long it has been present, and the ultimate goal.
We may recommend one or more of forms of chiropractic treatment as listed below:
- DRS Protocol™ - Specialized lumbar and cervical disc treatment protocol, utilizing axial decompression.
- Manual Manipulation and/or Non-force Adjustment – treat and correct spinal conditions and muscle imbalance.
- Exercise and stretches – Patient will be trained in self-management of exercises to improve overall muscle imbalance.
- Chronic & Complex Conditions - Specialized aggressive treatment designed to deal with the nutritional aspects of any condition (the chemical aspects of the disease).
- Pain Management - Determining individual characteristics which differentiate an individual's pain and treating the according factors.
- Enzyme Therapy - Treating the human body through enzyme replacement allows the system to function properly.
- Weight Loss - Taking the body to its natural weight by increasing metabolism and turning your body into an efficient machine.
- Vitamin Center - Allowing patients access to the finest vitamin and nutritional supplements.
Most patients can feel results within a couple of weeks or a few treatments. Some may experience recovery within 48 hours of treatment. For chronic pain or severe disc injuries it may take several treatments over several weeks as it takes time to train the body how to move differently to prevent aggravation of the injury. In addition to serving Caldwell, ID - our Chiropractic Treatment service is available for patients from Notus, ID too!
The Wellness Chiropractic Approach -- Inside Out vs. Outside In!
Wellness is a state of optimal conditions for normal function… and then some. Our Caldwell, ID Chiropractic wellness improves the overall health and quality of your life. The wellness approach is to look for an underlying cause or causes of any disturbance or disruption (which may or may not be causing symptoms at a point in time), then to make whatever interventions and lifestyle adjustments necessary to optimize the conditions for normal function. This approach encourages natural healing and minimizes the need for invasive treatment.
If the body is working properly, it tends to heal effectively, regardless of the existing condition. When the body heals well and maintains itself well, then there is another level of health that goes beyond “asymptomatic” or “pain-free,” leading to an open-ended opportunity for vitality, vibrant health, and a heightened enjoyment of life. This is true for mental and emotional health, along with physical health. While some people may suffer from serious psychological disorders, creating an atmosphere of mental and emotional wellness will address all but the most serious of physical problems.
It’s Your Life – Live it in Chiropractic Wellness!
In addition to serving Caldwell, ID - our Wellness Chiropractic service is available for patients from Notus, ID too!
Types of Alternative Chiropractor Therapy:
We ensure that our approach is best suited to the symptoms, health history, and physical requirements of our patients when designing a personalized treatment plan.
Here are a few of the different chiropractic therapies we use to reduce pain and alleviate other symptoms:
- Therapeutic Exercise -- Targets the muscles of the neck, abdomen and back to strengthen the muscles supporting the spine. These exercises are normally recommended for patients experiencing difficulties in their extremities due to weak core muscles.
- Stretching Exercises -- May be used in conjunction with strengthening exercises, and are recommended for patients experiencing decreased flexibility in the neck and spine.
- Ice and Heat Therapy -- Used to treat muscular problems in the back and spine, and may also be used to treat damaged discs. Ice therapy decreases swelling and pain, while heat therapy eases sore muscles.
- Lifestyle Coaching -- If your pain results from poor lifestyle habits, you will be offered assistance to work through these issues in order to alleviate or eliminate your symptoms and pain. Posture, exercise habits, weight gain, and occupational hazards are all examples of lifestyle complications that can be addressed.
- Ultrasound Therapy – Deep heat therapy is created by sound waves, and which when applied to muscles and ligaments, relaxes the muscles through a micro-massage, increasing blood flow and soothes pain and swelling. Though typically used in chronic conditions, ultrasound therapy can also be used in acute cases to ease persistent pain.
Call for help in achieving freedom from pain with our Caldwell, ID Chiropractic Therapy!
In addition to serving Caldwell, ID - our Chiropractic Therapy services are available for patients from Notus, ID too!
Achieve Pain Free Living with Chiropractor Services!
Computerized Nervous System Examination – With the use of state-of-the art computerized equipment, we can detect patterns of vertebral subluxation or problems within your spine by measuring the following the skin temperatures along your spine, we can find nervous system disturbances that may affect other vital organs. Measuring muscle tone is another way to locate vertebral subluxation patterns. Because vertebral subluxations cause supporting muscles of the spine to exhibit unusual electrical activity, our equipment can also locate those areas. It enables us to see whether your nerves are causing too much activation within your muscles and promoting spasms, or if there is not enough activity and your muscles are unable support your skeleton properly.
Chiropractic Adjustments -- The most common therapeutic procedure performed by doctors of chiropractic is known as "spinal manipulation," or also called "chiropractic adjustment." The purpose of manipulation is to restore joint mobility by manually applying a controlled force into joints that have become restricted in their movement. Chiropractic adjustment rarely causes discomfort, although patients may sometimes experience mild soreness or aching following treatment. This will usually resolves itself within 12 to 48 hours.
Progress Examination -- Progress exams allow you to discuss your concerns with us in a private setting after a specified time of treatment. We will follow up on the initial tests to evaluate your progress and determine the type of on-going treatment, if needed.
Therapeutic Massage -- Deep tissue massage therapy concentrates on rearranging deeper tissue layers of the muscles and connective tissues. The movements are slow and the pressure intense. Deep tissue massage is especially useful for persistently tense and contracted areas, for example, stiff neck, lower back stiffness and sore shoulders.
Pre-Paid Care Plans -- We offer several forms of financial plans, so that the all the members of the family can afford to receive chiropractic care.
Call today for more information about our Caldwell, ID Chiropractic Services.
In addition to serving Caldwell, ID - our Chiropractic Services are available for patients from Notus, ID too!
Non-Surgical Chiropractic Adjustment will Improve the Quality of Your Life!
The chiropractic adjustment of the spine is the most significant and important aspect of treatment. Why is that you ask? Our Caldwell, ID Chiropractic adjustments help prevent and/or reduce the wear and tear that our joints and ligaments are exposed to every day without invasive surgery! The joints and ligaments function correctly with fluid motion when the spine is in the proper position. A joint of the body will not work smoothly if it is not in the proper position.
Hands-on is till the typical procedure used in a chiropractic adjustment for the spine. However, there are many other different types of procedures, some using specifically designed instruments and/or tables. Along with the spine, other joints of the body can also be adjusted effectively, including the shoulders, elbows, hands, hips, knees, ankles, feet, jaw, and even the head.
How do we determine when, and more importantly, when NOT to adjust a spinal segment?
- Visual inspection and palpation
- Patient's range of motion
- Touching and feeling (palpation) for areas of swelling and increased temperature
- Abnormal muscle tone or spasm
- Reviewed x-rays prior to performing an adjustment
You can be assured that the particular chiropractic adjustment we recommend for our patients is designed for their specific health needs. Our Caldwell, ID Chiropractic Adjustment service is available for patients from Notus, ID too!