Many adults find that regular chiropractic treatment improves their overall health and wellness. But they may not understand the benefits their children could receive from child chiropractic care. As adults, we know when our bodies aren’t functioning as they should and can describe our symptoms when seeking treatment. However, children can also be experiencing misalignment issues that can affect their ability to learn and grow and may not know how to verbalize the pain or discomfort they are feeling.
Because children are usually extremely active during their day, they are more susceptible to trauma—large or small. A fall here and bump there can cause spinal misalignment, causing issues such as interrupted sleep, earaches, or asthma.
Here are five of the most important benefits of pediatric chiropractic care:
- Supports the Immune System. Having children sick with runny noses coughs, and fevers on a continual basis can be tough for parents and children alike. Child chiropractic care strengthens a child’s immune system so that it not only decreases the severity of this illness but can also prevent it in the first place.
- Improved Sleep. Sleep is essential to children’s development so that they can function well during a day, enabling them to grow physically and emotionally sound. Spinal misalignment can lead to tight muscles and back pain, resulting in insomnia and bedwetting. Gentle chiropractic adjustments remove misalignments and nerve interference allowing children to sleep better.
- Improved Behavior. Stress can affect children both physically and emotionally, causing behavioral problems. A gentle alignment can alleviate stress in the spine, which in turn can improve children’s moods and overall behavior.
- Improved Brain Development. Children with ADD or ADHD may have spinal misalignments that trigger the symptoms of these disorders. A spinal adjustment can release the pressure put on the spine, bones, and joints, improving the child’s neural brain development which then allows the child to concentrate and focus better.
- Reduced Injuries. Once your young child becomes more mobile, chiropractic becomes very useful. It is easy to tell if your child has had a major injury, but it’s much harder to know when your child has micro-trauma, possibly from tripping or falling in everyday activities. Over time, these microtraumas can lead to subluxations, increasing the chance of long-term health issues.
- Chiropractic for Infants. Colic, trouble latching, or reflux issues in infants can be caused by the infant's spine out of alignment, especially after traveling through the birth canal.
From birth to adulthood, your child deserves the best child chiropractic care possible! Contact McKim Chiropractic to find out more information about the benefits of pediatric chiropractic care and to schedule a consultation. Our licensed and certified staff is happy to help the children of Nampa, ID, and Caldwell, ID, develop their highest potential of health and wellness!