Finding a chiropractic to find relief from back pain may be on your mind and you may be wondering, “What are the benefits of chiropractic adjustments?” A chiropractic adjustment refers to the adjustment of the vertebrae in your spine to remove nerve interference and restore flexibility. A chiropractic adjustment has many positive benefits without the stress and invasiveness of surgery or medication, such as:
- Lowers Blood Pressure. The “Human Journal of Hypertension” reported that when people suffering from high blood pressure had a chiropractic adjustment, it was the same as taking certain high blood pressure medication for up to six months after the adjustment.
- Relieves Neck and Lower Back Pain. Research shows that 80% of all Americans experience some sort of lower back pain in their lifetime. Many people try to ignore their back pain, hoping it will go away by itself. Try to avoid medication and surgery, that are invasive, expensive, and ineffective.
- Scoliosis. An abnormal curvature of the spine, this condition can cause pain, abnormal posture, reduced range of motion, and even trouble breathing. Chiropractic treatment (although it varies from patient to patient) could help treat and prevent the progression of scoliosis when combined with physical therapy.
- Sciatica. Stemming from a damaged or pressured sciatic nerve, this refers to pain that radiates from your lower back down your legs, leading. Treatment will help relieve pressure on this nerve.
- Reduces Inflammation. Chronic inflammation has been linked to a number of diseases like heart disease, chronic pain, joint issues, tension, and cancer.
- Headache Relief. Misalignment and nerve interference in the spine causes muscle tension and pain which can result in both tension and/or migraine headaches.
- Improved Symptoms of Neurological Conditions. For people suffering from neurological conditions (such as multiple sclerosis and epilepsy), chiropractic adjustments can help increase blood flow to the brain as well as increase the flow of cerebral spinal fluid.
- Children’s Health Benefits. Conditions in children that can be helped with a chiropractic adjustment are colic, acid reflux, and ear infections. The gut-brain connection is improved and the immune system is boosted
- Improved Athletic Performance. Athletes receive chiropractic adjustments to reduce pain and tension, to reduce inflammation and to boost their immune systems.
- Vertigo. Vertigo (or dizziness) can make it impossible to get out of bed or perform everyday tasks without feeling disoriented and nauseous. Your body’s natural balance can be restored with a chiropractic adjustment.
Rather than mask your pain with medication (painkillers and muscle relaxers), a chiropractic adjustment serves to correct vertebral subluxations, restore your spine’s flexibility, and minimize nerve interference.
Need to know more about what are the benefits of chiropractic adjustments? Call McKim Chiropractic for more information about chiropractic adjustments and to schedule a consultation with a licensed and certified chiropractor. Our licensed and certified staff at McKim Chiropractic is committed to helping the families of Nampa, ID, and Caldwell, ID, live life pain-free!